A new book club has started in my neighborhood. We meet on the first Thursday of each month, and discuss the book that we read during the preceding month. We’ve met only twice so far, and read two books. For the November meeting we read The Husband’s Secret, by Liane Moriarty. For the December meeting we read the Pulitzer Prize-winning book, All the Light We Cannot See, by Anthony Doerr. I will be reviewing these books, as well as others I enjoy.
Here’s the reading list for the remainder of the year, and the months in which they will be discussed (they should be read in the preceding month).
- November: The Husband’s Secret
- December: All the Light We Cannot See
- January: Dashing Through the Snow
- February: The Late, Lamented Molly Marx
- March: Thomas Jefferson & the Tripoli Pirates
- April: Orphan Train
- May: The Boston Girl
- June: Cross Creek
- July: TBA
- August: Sweet Potato Queens
- Sept. TBA
- Oct. TBA
- Nov. TBA
- Dec. TBA